Recent Posts

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Standard 4 (4)

The teacher demonstrates a commitment to the school community and the teaching profession.

Continues to and supports the development of the profession.
I continue to share educational ideas in the educational web community through my website and my group with Tech Trek: The Next Generation. I also communicate different events that are happening in our class through twitter. I attended the Building Futures Grant Celebration with my colleagues.

Serves on school, division, regional, state, and/or national committees/professional organizations.
In 2010-2011 school year, I attended:
Smart Beginnings Saturday seminar on how to successfully transition students from preschool to kindergarten. This forum was a partnership between Early Discoveries, Virginia Beach Public Schools, and Smart Beginnings.
I helped organize and attended JBD Math night (2011) and Literaracy Night (2011).

In 2011-2012 school year, I helped organize and attended:
JBD Reading Night (2011)
Kindergarten and First Grade Science Night (2011).
I was also a team leader for JBD's Destination Imagination Team- Rising Stars

In the 2011-2012 school year I also attended:
Dr. Adolf Brown on school bullying (2011),
JBD Science Fair (2012)
JBD Shamrock Run (2012)